We reserve the right to change this policy at any given time, when this happens, the next time you log in, you will be advised of the change by an online notification. If you want to make sure that you are up to date with the latest changes, you are very welcome to visit this page as often as you like.
What User Data We Collect
When you visit the website, we may collect the following data:
- Your IP address. We mainly use this to help us work out what computer servers are likely to be closest to you to keep performance high. We can also use it to help with spam counter measures and to help anticipate which primary language to display the site in, when we have more translations.
- Your Country (you can just press the space bar for the rest of the address if you wish). In conjunction with your IP address, it helps us use the right server, hopefully the right language and allows things like the MatchMaker and other geographically significant features to work properly.
- Your contact information and email address. We need this so we can send you a validation email when joining up, to contact you if there is a problem with your account (for example you have lost your password and need us to send you a new one)
- Your password (stored in an encrypted form). We need this so we can make sure your account is secure and only YOU can access it.
- Other OPTIONAL information such as interests and preferences. We are working on a MatchMaker service (among others) which will allow you to CHOOSE to share additional information if you wish, to help make a better match.
Why We Collect Your Data
We are collecting your data for several reasons:
- To enable us to contact you if you need help with resetting your passwords
- To help us keep spam to a minimum for the benefit of all genuine users.
- To enable the best connection based on your location and our server locations
- To better understand your needs.
- To improve our services and products.
- To customize our website according to your personal preferences.
Safeguarding and Securing the Data
NosLoq is committed to securing your data and keeping it confidential. We have have done all in our power to prevent data theft, unauthorized access, and disclosure by implementing the latest technologies and software, which help us safeguard all the information we collect online.
What we *don't* do
As important as explaining what we do with your data - is explaining what we specifically do NOT do.
We do not undertake "data mining", nor do we buy OR sell user data to Third Parties in order to serve you "targetted advertising". We feel this is intrusive and wrong. If you *choose* to share extra data with us, (for example you can OPT to declare your Gender if you wish), then that information has no business being sold to anyone else. So we don't.
The data we collect by using cookies is used to customize our website to your needs. After we use the data for statistical analysis, the data is completely removed from our systems.
Please note that cookies don't allow us to gain control of your computer in any way. They are strictly used to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not so that we can provide a better experience for you.
Google analytics and adsense trackers may be used if content from other sites is embedded on the page, however you are very welcome to block them if you wish. We will be linking to a free add-on / app which can do this for you. Please visit again after March 10th.
If you want to disable cookies, you can do it by accessing the settings of your internet browser.
Links to Other Websites
Some content (live news for example), contains RSS feeds and/or embedded content from News Services that we have no control over. We have carefully selected content providers that appear to be "family safe", but cannot guarantee that this content will always meet with everyone's approval.
Restricting the Collection of your Personal Data
At some point, you might wish to restrict the use and collection of your personal data. You can achieve this by doing the following:
When you are filling the forms on the website, make sure to check if there is a box which you can leave unchecked, if you don't want to disclose your personal information.
If you have already agreed to share your information with us, you can edit your profile at any time - or, if you prefer, you may delete your account entirely.
WARNING - If you delete your account entirely, then there is no way back, other than creating a new account from scratch. We do not "hold on" to your data in the hope you will change your mind. If you delete your account, it's gone.
At any time, you may visit your "Profile Information" page and download a full (or partial, if you prefer) copy of your data. If you wish, you can download in a JSON format, or for most users, HTML will be instantly familiar and more convenient. The report may take many hours to compile - or even a day or more, but you will receive a notification when your report is ready to download. There is never a charge for this from NosLoq, though any normal data charges from your own ISP / Cell company will apply as usual.
We are constantly evolving, checking and updating our policies in order to safeguard users and to try to make our terms and conditions simple to understand.